350z Setup and Modifications for SCCA Autocross STU class
We’ll try to keep this list updated with current modifications, and a list of past modifications as well as we build and compete our 350z in the SCCA STU autocross class.
- Year: 2003
- Make: Nissan
- Model: 350z
- Package: Touring
- Shocks: ISC threaded-body front shocks. Single-adjustable damping at top of shock, Independently preload-adjustable and height-adjustable.
- Front Springs: ISC, 14k rate (784#)
- Upper mounts: ISC pillowball, aluminum
- Upper control arms: Kinetix, modified by Level Motorsports to optimize camber adjustment
- Sway Bar: Hotchkis 3-way adjustable, urethane bushings
- Shocks: ISC, single-adjustable damping, threaded body for length adjustment.
- Shock mounts: ISC pillowball, aluminum
- Rear Sway Bar: currently removed
- Rear Springs: 2.5" id Hyperco, 600# rate
- Rear Spring Perches: Megan Racing threaded collar adjustable
The car came with an intake spacer, this will be removed before the Dixie Tour in Georgia, March 2016.
- Intake: Jim Wolf cold air induction, shielded
- Exhaust: Invidia Gemini, quad tips (added by P/O)
- Battery: Deka 16# (?)
- LSD: Tomei 1.5 way locking unit, 85% lock
- Front Brakes: Hawk HP Plus pads
- Read Brakes: factory type pads
- Wheels: XXR 531
- Tires: 275/35R18 Bridgestone RE-71R
The interior is the Frost interior, originally with the leather,heated,electric seats. The Bose stereo components are mostly removed (AMP, sub, microphone).
- Head unit: Pioneer Bluetooth XM-capable double-din touchscreen head unit w/iPod connection
- Shift knob: Tomei composite
- Shift boot: Alcantara one from eBay
- Glass Tint: medium (approx 35%)
- Seats: NRG FRP 300